Residents return to home after gas leak caused evacuation - WSFX - FOX Wilmington, NC

Residents return to home after gas leak caused evacuation

Posted: Updated:

WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Residents were allowed to return home Friday shortly after being evacuated just before lunchtime for a gas leak in the area.

According to officials, a contractor doing work in the 500 block of South Seventh Street in Wilmington was handling a gas line that was so corroded that it just fell apart.

Piedmont Gas responded to the leak and sealed off the line.

Only a few people were  home during the evacuation.

No injuries have been reported.

Copyright 2013 WECT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSFX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
FCC Public File
Email: publicfile@wsfx.com
Phone: (910) 791-8070
EEO Report
Closed Captioning