WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Officers with the Wilmington Police Department were called to help the Wilmington Fire Department investigate an arson that happened around 1:45 Saturday morning.
According to Linda Rawley with the Wilmington Police Department, a pair of two-liter bottles filled with gasoline was set on fire on the porch of the home located at 518 S. Fourth Street.
Rawley said the bottles melted on the porch and firefighters were able to put out the flames.
No injuries were reported and there was no damage to the house.
Police do not have any suspects in mind at this time.
Copyright 2013 WECT. All rights reserved.