Man killed in Chester house fire - WSFX - FOX Wilmington, NC

Man killed in Chester house fire

Posted: Updated:
CHESTER, VA (WWBT) -

A person rescued from a Chester house fire has died, according to Chesterfield Fire & EMS.

The flames broke out at a home in the 3200 block of Appleford Drive just after 2:30 p.m. Sunday.

Rescue crews pulled the man from a second floor bedroom and transported them to VCU Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. He later died at the hospital.

The body will be taken to the Medical Examiner's office for positive identification and to determine the exact cause of death.

Fire Marshals determined the cause of the fire was accidental, as a pan was left unattended on the stove.

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSFX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
FCC Public File
Email: publicfile@wsfx.com
Phone: (910) 791-8070
EEO Report
Closed Captioning